The Vape Shot Alcohol Vaporizer
The future is here and it has brought with it a new way of consuming alcohol – via vaporization. Introducing the Vape Shot Alcohol Vaporizing Pump. A pen-shaped device that vaporizes your alcohol of choice so you can get buzzed almost instantly. It’s design allows you to experience the fun of drinking alcohol while minimizing the not-so-fun parts. With the Vape Shot, you can have a great buzz all night (or day) with without being hungover the next day. At 1/60th the amount of a normal shot of liquor, the Vape Shot may also mitigate the potential health issues that stem from consuming alcohol in liquid form. With this device, you can vaporize (or smoke) almost all types of alcohol (wine, vodka, rum, gin, etc.) while keeping their flavorful aroma intact. The best part? It’s super portable and reusable.
How does the buzz feel?
Just like drinking alcohol, you’ll start feeling “buzzed” after your first “hit.” Although it’s a pleasant feeling, it’s not exactly the same feeling you get from drinking alcohol. It’s a bit more mellow, but in a better way. As you inhale, you start to feel a slight rush that turns into a relaxing mellow feeling that feels euphoric. As you continue inhaling the mellow feeling turns into a buzz that turns into being tipsy and so on. The vapor is cool and smooth and that sharp, burning sensation you get from a liquid shot is avoided.
Adam Clark Estes, a writer for Gizmodo who tested the new trend of vaporizing alcohol, described it best:
That buzz. I’m not going to lie. It feels good. And it’s not necessarily the same buzz as you get from drinking alcohol, either. Since the alcohol doesn’t have to travel down to your stomach and through your intestines before it’s absorbed into your bloodstream, there’s an immediate lift that reminded some of us of a very toned down whippet [nitrous oxide/laughing gas] high… I can’t help but compare the whole thing to vaporizing pot, except weed high lasts three to four hours. A Vape Shot drunk seems to last approximately 60 seconds.
Although the buzz intensity depends on many factors such your metabolism, sex, weight, tolerance, etc., it’s definitely a nice feeling. As noted earlier, the buzz will be slightly different from that of actually ingesting alcohol – it can be more euphoric.
Is Vaporizing Alcohol safe?
Just like drinking alcohol, there are also risks when vaping alcohol. Here are a few items to consider before you decide to dive into the alcohol vaping world:
- Alcohol Poisoning – Because alcohol is absorbed directly into your bloodstream (via your lungs), it bypasses both your stomach and liver. By essentially being absorbed almost instantly into your bloodstream, you have the potential to consume a large quantity of alcohol in a very short period of time and thus, putting you at a greater risk for alcohol poisoning. However, you would need to vape large quantities consistently over and over again before this happens.
- Nasal Passageway – You should be aware that with irresponsible usage, vaping alcohol can irritate your nasal passageway and can potentially lead to inflammation of the blood vessels in your nose.
- Identifying the Amount Consumed – Unless you love chemistry and stoichiometry, there’s really no practical method to identify the amount of alcohol you’re consuming. So, it’s a good idea to be self-conscious of your body and how you’re feeling to ensure your buzz is just right.
- Asthma – If you have asthma or lung complications, it’s suggested you defer from inhaling alcohol as it can complicate your condition(s). Listen to your doctor, but also listen to your body.
What are the benefits of Vaporizing Alcohol?
Because this is an entirely different method of consuming alcohol, there are some notable benefits to note:
- Nearly ZERO calories – Because you’re vaporizing the alcohol and bypassing your stomach and liver, you essentially leave behind all the sugars and carbs that add “empty calories” to your diet – calories that offer little to none nutritional value (e.g., chips, sodas). Simply stated: less calories equal less fat.
- NO hangovers (yes, no hangovers – see below)
- You feel the Buzz in nearly 8 to 20 seconds. – As mentioned before, because the alcohol is absorbed directly through your lungs – it enters your bloodstream almost instantly.
- Brings out the real aroma and flavor of the desired spirit(s). It doesn’t taste like rubbing alcohol, we promise.
I’m sure you’re wondering how there are no hangovers. To explain, you should note the issue of hangovers is somewhat controversial as there are several reasons to why they occur, including: the presence of other substances called congeners (usually other alcohols, such as methanol, found especially in brandy and whisky); the effects of ethanol itself on the body (e.g., dehydration); and the action of a fairly toxic substance called acetaldehyde, formed when ethanol is broken down in the liver. With that in mind, because some congeners are left behind during the vaporization process and thus not ultimately inhaled AND because the alcohol bypasses the liver (thus averting the toxic action of acetaldehyde), you will not get a hangover as long as you stay hydrated.
How long does the buzz last?
The entire buzz from vaping alcohol lasts approximately 15 to 20 minutes in your system. But why is this good you ask? Here’s an excerpt from Vapshot that will provide great insight:
“Alcoholic vapor contains very little alcohol, but enough to give you an instant buzz and make you feel like you just drank a liquid shot of alcohol, but because it’s just a fraction of the amount, it only last 15 – 20 minutes. People may think that is a bad thing but in reality it’s a good thing. Each time you take a drink, the alcohol level in your blood is increased. When this happens you feel a buzz or rather a more intense sensation. However in drinking, since the alcohol stays in your body for hours, you have to keep drinking larger and larger amounts to feel a buzz again, essentially you have to keep upping the ante to reach the next level. This is exactly how people over consume and become sick or get a hangover the next day. With the Vape Shot Pump, you feel the buzz immediately and after about 15 minutes, you are back at lower levels, which mean when you consume another Vape Shot, you will immediately feel the buzz again. The idea is to experience the buzz and fun of consuming alcohol without soaking your body with it. “
The thing is, you can always drink alcohol AND inhale it. Just be smart about it. Know your body and know your limit.
How to use the Vape Shot?
- Get an average sized empty bottle (any size will work but 2 litter bottles are recommended)
- Pour a small amount of your favorite alcohol (or mixed drink) into the empty bottle – about 1 to 2oz (1-2 shots). You can use almost anything such as vodka, gin, wine, rum, tequila, etc. Anything carbonated may want to be avoided (beer) as it may make a mess.
- Insert the Vape Shot’s rubber end directly into the opening of the bottle.
- Firmly hold and pump about 10-15 times or until the bottle feels firm.
- Quickly release the Vape Shot to create a vape cloud.
- Inhale using directly from the bottle or by using a straw.
Here’s our own personal test:
The set up: an empty bottle, liquor of your choice (Jack Daniel’s is all we had), and the Vape Shot.
Pour in your alcohol of choice.
You only need a small amount of liquor.
Placing the Vape Shot on top of the bottle.
Start pumping away.
When you release the Vape Shot, the alcohol is instantly vaporized.
Voila, the vapor is ready for inhalation.
Here’s a video of it being used first hand:
While there are other products out there that vaporize alcohol for inhalation such as the Vaportini (or check out or review) to date, the Vape Shot Pump is the only affordable and portable option. It’s currently listed for $19.99; however it’s possible this may increase as it’s just recently been introduced into the marketplace. Lastly, while there are minor risks with vaping alcohol (as there is with anything in life), the benefits definitely outweigh the cons. To sum, these benefits include an almost instant buzz, nearly zero calories, and no hangovers. With such benefits and affordable price, why not give it a try? If you’re looking to spice up your party life (or just want to get buzzed), you can get one directly from Amazon: